Presbyterian Española Hospital provides services for customers of Medicare, Salud, Presbyterian Health Plan, and the following insurance:
|Aenta (HMO, USACCESS/QPOS)|
|BCBS-NM (HMO Blue or Blue Net)|
|Beech Street Network|
|ChoiceCare Network (Humana)|
|Cigna Behavioral Health|
|Coventry (including the Mailhandlers Benefit Product)|
|Evoluations Healthcare Systems Network|
|First Health Network |
|GEHA (PPO USA Network)|
|Health Management Network (HMN)|
|Healthsmart Preferred Care Network |
|Humana ChoiceCare Network |
|Indian Health Pueblo of Isleta|
|Indian Health Services|
|Lovelace Commercial HMO|
|Lovelace Commercial PPO |
|OptumHealth Transplant Solutions -- URN (Kidney Transplants)|
|PHCS Network (Private Healthcare Systems)|
|Presbyterian Health Plan (All Products)|
|Select Provider Network (SPN) |
|Tricare (TriWest contracted administrator)|
|United Behavioral Health / OptumHealth |
|United Healthcare |
|Medicare Advantage Products|
|Aetna Medicare HMO |
|Aetna Medicare PPO |
|Amerigroup Medicare (Amerivantage)|
|Care Improvement Plus|
|Humana Medicare HMO (Humana Gold Plus)|
|Humana Medicare employer Group PFFS|
|Humana Meducare PFFS (Humana Gold Choice)|
|Humana Medicare PPO (Humana Choice)|
|Lovelace Senior Plan (HMO and HMO-POS)|
|Molina Medicare HMO (Moline Medicare Options)|
|Presbyterian Medicare PPO (Presbyterian MediCare PPO)|
|Presbyterian Medicare HMO (Presbyterian Senior Care Plan)|
|Secure Horizons Group Medicare Advantage PPO|
|UnitedHealthCare Medicare Advantage Medicare Solutions Dual Complete|
|UnitedHealthCare Medicare Advantage Community Plan|
|UnitedHealthCare Medicare Advantage PFFS or Medical Savings Acct Plan|
|Managed Medicaid//Salud! - CoLTS Products|
|Amerigroup - Medicaid CoLTS (Coordination of Long-Term Services/Medicaid)|
|Blue Salud/Blue SCI|
|UHC Community Plan (Formerly Evercare CoLTS)|
|Lovelace Salud!/SCI |
|Optum Health of NM -- Behavioral (for Medicaid, Salud, CoLTS programs)|
To maintain our ability to provide the best healthcare possible to New Mexicans, the following payment expectations apply for non-emergency services for both insured and uninsured patients seeking care at Presbyterian-owned facilities. In the event of an emergency, Presbyterian will provide the necessary medical treatment regardless of one's ability to pay.
National Health Service Corps
National Health Service Corps, Spanish
Important: If your insurance is not in the Presbyterian Healthcare Services network, you must obtain prior authorization for all services. Prior authorization is not a guarantee of payment or a guarantee of an in-network benefit. Patients outside of their primary network may be subject to a higher co-pay/deductible. Call your insurance provider directly to confirm coverage.
- For insured patients: Your deductible, copayment and/or co-insurance, if applicable, are due at the time of service. A deductible is the amount you must pay before your benefit plan starts paying any portion of your medical services. After your deductible is met, you may have to pay a copayment (a set dollar amount) or co-insurance (a percentage of the cost) for your medical care. Some plans do not require a deductible. Please refer to your benefit plan documents for the amounts that you must pay for different services. If you are scheduled for a non-emergency medical procedure or surgery, we may contact you before your appointment to provide you an estimate of your cost and to collect your copayment, deductible, and/or co-insurance.
- For uninsured patients: You will be asked for payment in full. Presbyterian offers uninsured patients a 25% discount on all services. We will provide you an estimate of the cost so you are able to make an informed decision as to whether or not you would like to proceed with the requested services.
- Financial Assistance: Financial assistance and counselors are available to our patients who are uninsured or underinsured, and have difficulty paying for care. Presbyterian offers payment options, including payment plans for those who qualify and charity assistance. If you would like information about our financial assistance policy, please call 505-841-1406.
- Presbyterian hospitals and clinics (including Presbyterian Medical Group) accept cash, checks, debit and credit cards for payment.
- If you are unable to pay on the day of your appointment, or earlier if requested, we can reschedule your appointment.
- If you are approved for payment arrangements, you must pay according to the agreement terms. If you do not pay according to your agreed upon commitment, your account will be considered delinquent and will be subject to additional collection terms. Please note this may include the inability to schedule future appointments with your physician, as well as referral to an outside collection agency. This action may impact your credit status.
For help understanding whether your plan is contracted with Presbyterian Española Hospital or answers to other questions, please contact:
Presbyterian Española Hospital Business Office
Weekdays, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.